If you own a waist trainer, you probably use it every day as part of your waist training routine. Taking good care of your shapewear is very important if you want to get the best results from it and increase its life. If you do not take good care of them, they will eventually lose their shape and effectiveness. Waist trainers stimulate more sweating as part of the waist training process. For this reason, waist trainer for women will start smelling of sweat if you do not keep them clean. Most users do not know how to take proper care of their shape wear. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Do not put it in the washing machine. The material used for shape wear is not safe to be put in washing machine or dryer. Materials like Spandex, polyester and latex might even melt if put in the washing machine. The steel boning, if any, will suffer damage too.
- Clean it with a soft cloth and soapy water. To clean your best waist trainer take a soft cloth , a bowl, water and a little body soap. Scrub it gently using the cloth, water and soap. Avoid heavy scrubbing.
- Let it dry properly. After washing it let it dry for at least a few hours or until it is completely dry before wearing it again. Never put on a waist trainer that is not completely dry as they can develop molds and also break apart.
- Be especially careful with latex as it can be easily damaged. Always hand-wash your latex shapewear with warm water and some mild shampoo. Rinse it thoroughly and hang it to dry. After it is dry store it in a dark area to protect it from sunlight to avoid discoloration.
- Non-latex garments can be put in the washing machine. These garments can be put in the washing machine but with gentle hand-wash cycle. Be sure to use cold water and not hot water since cold water contracts the material for maximum results. Use a lingerie detergent, regular detergent will damage the material. Do not put them in the dryer however. Always air-dry it
- Buy more than one. If you are using it regularly, it is important to keep more than one in your wardrobe so that you can rotate between them. Latex needs to be given some rest in order to maintain its functionality. Also, by having more than one you will easily be able to wash and let dry one while you are wearing the other.
- The waist trainer cannot be ironed. The functionality of your shape wear especially latex will suffer tremendously.
By regularly taking care of your shape wear you can increase its life along with increasing its effectiveness and the level of comfort it provides.